This hummus pasta is made with sun dried tomatoes, fresh basil and of course, hummus, for an easy and delicious meal that is ready in 15 minutes! This hummus pasta is tangy and delicious and loaded with flavour. Even better though? It’s faster than getting take-out! Seriously quick & easy.
For the Pasta:
16 ounces Pasta (450g) Dry Weight.
For the Sauce:
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Medium Onion White, Yellow or Brown, Chopped
2 Cloves Garlic Crushed
1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes (180g) Sliced
1 cup Hummus (225g)
1 cup Pasta Water Reserved after cooking the pasta
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice Freshly Squeezed
1 cup Fresh Basil Chopped
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Put your pasta on to cook according to package instructions. Drain and set aside but keep 1 cup of the pasta water to use in your sauce.
- Add olive oil and chopped onions to a pot on medium heat and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add crushed garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté for around 1 minute to lightly toast the spices.
- Add sun dried tomatoes and sauté for a couple of minutes to heat and blend the flavors.
- Reduce the heat to low and add hummus, lemon juice and half a cup of the reserved pasta water and stir it in. You can keep adding small amounts of pasta water until the sauce is as thick/thin as you like.
- Cook until the sauce is mixed well and heated through.
- Turn off the heat and add in chopped basil and salt and pepper and mix it in.
- Add the cooked pasta and fold into the sauce so that the pasta is well coated. You can add in a little more reserved pasta water at this stage if you need to, to thin the sauce out a bit more.
- Serve topped with ground black pepper, with lemon wedges on the side.
Vegan Bread Pudding
This vegan bread pudding is golden and crispy on the outside and soft and delicious on the inside. Super easy, perfect comfort food. Divine served warm with vegan cream or ice cream.
- 10-12 Thick Slices White Bread (500g)
- 1/2 cup Raisins (75g)
- 2 2/3 cups Canned Coconut Cream (660ml) Unsweetened
- 1/2 cup Raw Cashews (75g)
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil (45g)
- 1/2 cup White Granulated Sugar (100g)
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4-6 Tbsp Vegan Butter (60-90g) Divided, for brushing
- Dusting of Powdered Sugar Optional
For Serving (Optional):
- Vegan Whipped Cream
- Vegan Ice Cream
- Vegan Custard
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cut the bread into chunks and then add to a mixing bowl with the raisins.
- Add the coconut cream, cashews, coconut oil, white sugar, cinnamon and vanilla to a blender jug and blend until very smooth.
- Pour the blended mix over the bread chunks and raisins in the mixing bowl. Toss it carefully, being careful not to break up the bread, so that all the bread pieces are covered with the sauce.
- Transfer to a 9×13 baking dish and smooth down evenly.
- Melt 3 Tbsp of the vegan butter and brush it over the top. If you have some leftover then keep it for later.
- Place into the oven (uncovered) and bake for 45 minutes.
- When it comes out the oven it should be all browned and crispy on top. Melt the remaining 2-3 Tbsp of vegan butter and brush over the top. I usually start with 2 Tbsp but if I run out then I melt another 1 Tbsp.
- Dust the top with powdered sugar (optional) but it does look pretty.
- Serve with vegan whipped cream, vegan ice cream or vegan custard.